Motorola Installation Guide
|Motorola/Zebra Scanner C-1023||Symbol Scanner C-1024|
|11/32 Extended Socket||Needle Nose Pliers||Phillips Screwdriver|
Heavy duty Velcro or dual lock (if X-Changer does not have studs)
BCR Mounting Bracket
- Position the C-1024A bracket as high as possible, then bolt or Velcro it in place.
BCR Swivel Bracket
BCR Adapter Plate
- Attach the C-1024C with scanner to the C-1024B Plate.
- Attach C-1024B assembly to the C-1024A bracket using the 2 set screws and tilt the C-1024B plate completely towards the card dispenser.
- Slide the C-1024C bracket completely to the right, then rotate it clockwise so the silver connector at the top is pointing to about 2 minutes after midnight on the face of a clock (Use image below for reference).
- Screw in the scanner set screw located just to the left of the scanner and tighten slightly. It is now time to test the adjustment.
- Slowly adjust the scanner in millimeter increments by twisting the assembly clockwise while dispensing cards incrementally to test the adjustment.
- Adjusting the scanner requires some trial and error as the multi-laser design of the scanner means there is no single perfect alignment.
- CCI recommends successfully dispensing 25-50 cards in a row before tightening the set-screw and then testing another 25-50 cards with the door closed and locked.
Welch-Allyn Installation Guide
Barcode Scanner Bracket
- The bar code scanner may be attached to the cabinet door with two strips of Velcro or by attaching the bar code reader to a scanner plate (C-1400-121) and then attaching the plate to the cabinet.
- It is recommended that there be a 1 ½ to 2 inch space present between the scanner and the card dispenser tray.
- On a Velcro system, a small card or folded piece of cardboard could be wedged on the top of the unit.
- On a scanner plate system, two 8-32 size screws can inserted into the plate forcing the scanner to lean backwards.