Managing System Status
When checked, the 'Show Only Offline Devices Across ALL Locations' option will filter satellite and card reader status displays and show only devices that are offline.
Navigating to the System Maintenance page under the System tab will display an alphabetical list of the locations that have been configured for the system. The default view will list up to 6 locations. Once there are more than 6 location types, page numbers will appear, allowing the user to scroll through the machine list. A search box is provided to allow users to easily search for a specific location and clicking Reset will clear any search data. Clicking anywhere on a location will display the list of satellites and card readers for that location.
Several items in the Location Listing also function as links to other pages:
- Location - Clicking the location name will load the selected location setup page.
- Location Group - Clicking the group name will load the location group setup page (if enabled).
Machines - Clicking the number in the Machines column will load the machine setup page for the selected location.
The satellite status section contains a list of configured satellites for the selected location.
- Satellite - The given name for the satellite as configured in the location setup page. This also serves as a link to the location setup page and selects the appropriate satellite.
- Status - Current status of the satellite, generated by the server.
- MAC Address - the MAC address for the satellite access point.
- VPN Address - The VPN IP address for the satellite access point.
- Public Address - The pubic IP address for the satellite access point.
- Satware Ver - The satellite software version currently running.
- OS/Machine - Hardware and software version of the satellite access point.
- Readers - This column displays the number of readers connected to the satellite as well as the total number of readers (e.g. 10/50).
- CPU MEM - Current CPU and memory usage of the satellite access point.
Satellite history logs the following information when a change is detected:
- Time - A standard date/time stamp of the record entry.
- Status - Online/Offline. Offline status indicates that the satellite has lost connection to the server.
- VPN Address - This is the assigned internal VPN address and is used by CCI Support staff.
- Public Address - This is the external IP address assigned to the satellite and is used by CCI Support staff.
- Ether 1 / Ether 2 / WLAN - These indicate the uplink that is in use and its last known status.
- Satware Ver - This indicates the satellite access point firmware version.
The machine status section displays a list of all the machines that were configured for the selected location as well as details regarding the current status of the FasCard reader.
- Machine # - The machine number that was assigned during machine setup. These numbers also serve as links to the Machines page and will automatically select the relevant machine.
- Equipment Type - The equipment type for the configured machine. These also serve as links to the Equipment Setup page and will automatically select the relevant equipment type.
- Status- The current status as reported by the satellite access point. If the machine status is currently unknown due to satellite outage, status will be displayed as "Last Known: 'Status' (Date/Time).
- Idle - Machine not running.
- Running - Machine started/running.
- Offline - Machine status unknown- FasCard reader not communicating with system.
- No Pricing - Indicates that vend prices have yet to be configured for this machine. This can be changed in the Pricing Features page.
- Not Allowed - Indicates that the machine is not configured to start. This status can be changed in the Pricing Features page.
- No Firmware - Indicates that the configured firmware version is unavailable.
- Downloading Firmware to Satellite - Indicates that the download process has started and the satellite is downloading firmware from the server.
- Downloading Firmware - Indicates that the satellite has successfully obtained firmware from server and card reader has begun downloading from satellite.
- Machine Error Message- Serially connected machines utilizing the latest firmware may display any error that is reported by the machine firmware.
- Start Time - The time this machine was last started.
- Finish Time- This is the estimated end time of a current cycle.
- Wifi Strength- Two numeric values, first value represents the signal strength from the Satellite to the FasCard reader, second value represents the signal strength from the FasCard reader to the Satellite.
- Values closer to zero represents a 'Stronger' signal. Optimal signal strength should be between -10 & -70.
- Sat Name- The satellite for which the card reader is connected to.
- Locations with multiple satellites may see readers connected to any currently configured satellite.
- Connect Time- The date and time the FasCard reader last made an initial connection to the Satellite.
- The number in parenthesis is the number of time the FasCard reader has disconnected and reconnected since the satellite was restarted.
- MAC Address - The MAC Address of the FasCard reader.
- Firmware Ver - The current firmware version installed on the FasCard reader.
Hardware Ver - This indicates the current CCI hardware type being utilized.
Machine Status History
Machine history logs the following information when a change is detected:
- No - This indicates the record number of occurrence, with #1 being the most recent.
- Status - This indicates the current or last known machine status.
- Start Time - This indicates the time at which the current machine status began.
- Elapsed Time - This indicates the amount of time the machine has been in the current state.
- Sat Name - This indicates the satellite access point to which the card reader is connected.
- Firmware Ver - This indicates the current firmware version on the card reader at the time the record was created.