Testing Customer Cards
It's important to test the customer cards to make sure the X-Changer is interacting properly with the cards.
- On X-Changer A (Primary) purchase a customer card with one dollar ($1).
- With a marker, mark the card as “Customer 1”
- Confirm the card has value by reinserting the card into the X-Changer. The correct value should appear.
- Remove a new card from inside the dispenser that has not been previously dispensed.
- Insert the invalid card into the reader on the X-Changer and confirm that the “Invalid Card” screen appears:
- Use this “Invalid Card” to attempt to start a random machine.
- Confirm the reader on the machine displays “Invalid Card” and does not start.
- This next step assumes the machine you are trying to start costs more than $1. Insert the “Customer 1” card into the same machine and attempt to start the machine. Verify the reader indicates “Low Balance”.
- Repeat steps 1-8 on the remaining X-Changers.
- Insert the Manager Card into the X-Changer A and click Maintenance.
- Click Restart System
- Click Failover to Backup
- Confirm any messages that pop up on the screen.
- After the X-Changer reboots, repeat steps 1-8 and confirm results are the same.