LaundryCard™ System Installation Guide
©Card Concepts Inc. – 2017
302 S Stewart Ave, Addison IL 60101
Phone 866.860.1660 – Fax 630.628.6505
PLEASE READ FIRST BEFORE INSTALLING!
This manual sets the expectations for the installation of the Laundry Card system. There are requirements the installer must meet in order to receive support service from Card Concepts Inc. This page lists the items that must be completed before starting the installation.
1. Installation Timing
- Card reader installation and system commissioning (2 Hours)
- X-Changer physical installation and machine cabling (3-5 Days)
- Computer hardware setup (1 Hour)
- Computer hardware configuration and test (2 Hours)
- Enter store and machine configuration into system (1.5 Hours)
- Quality assurance testing and verification (3 Hours)
2. Mounting Requirements
- The X-Changer units each weigh 150lb loaded. It is therefore a requirement that the wall the unit is mounted on be strong enough to support the weight of both X-Changers.
- The X-Changers should be secured to the wall using the proper lag bolts.
- The X-Changers front door hinge on the left should be mounted 1-2” proud of the final finish work on the wall. This includes trim, tile and metal plating.
- A CCI mounting stand may be used to support the rear of the unit.
- There should be a minimum of 3’ clearance behind the X-Changers to allow access to the rear of the units.
- X-Changers SHOULD NOT be mount directly on the wall.
3. Electrical Requirements
- Mounting location and electrical requirements should be considered before the installation of the X-Changers is started.
- There are (2) X-Changers and each MUST have its own dedicated 120v 15a grounded outlet that is separate from other circuits in the building.
- DO NOT use “surge strips” or extension cords to power the X-Changers.
- The internet modem should be grounded to the building to avoid damaging surge spikes.
4. Cable Requirements
- The included cables should be used for the installation of the Laundry Card system. Use of 3rd party cables may not be supported by CCI.
- Network cables should not be run near ANY heat sources or electrical conduit.
- Excess cable should be looped or trimmed to required length.
- If conduit is going to be run underground to machines, 1 ½” -2” conduit should be used to accommodate multiple network cable runs.
5. Installation Expectations
Basic networking and cabling experience are required to ensure proper installation of this product. If at any time during the installation you have a concern or issue, please contact the CCI support hotline at: 866-860-1660
Use this manual as a checklist. This is necessary to ensure that all the steps have been completed in the proper order to correctly install your Laundry Card system.
NOTE: If the machine does not have a coin vault or card system mount, some machines will need to be modified to accommodate the readers. This includes cutting metal or plastic panels. This should be considered prior to installation.
High-speed Internet required for setup and must be ready for use before contacting CCI for system updates
THE ORDER OF THE STEPS DESCRIBED IN THIS MANUAL IS CRITICAL AND MUST BE FOLLOWED.
****** DO NOT EXECUTE THESE STEPS OUT OF ORDER ******