Installing cabling properly will go a long way to ensuring long life and maintenance-free operation of the CCI system. Strictly following these rules when running any cabling for your system will help insure trouble free system performance.
- Never run cables near open flame
- Never run cables near rotating machinery parts
- Never run cables near gas or associated igniters
- Never run cables through or in any heating, cooling, or air handling ducts
- Never run cables touching any hot surfaces (example: hot exhaust flues, heading/hot air ducts)
- Never run cables near or along florescent fixtures. Try to keep 4 feet between cables and fixtures.
- Never tie cables to hot or cold-water piping.
Use good judgment when running cables; avoid any hazardous and dangerous situations.
- Always tie cables to stationary bulkheads in a manner to eliminate rubbing, straining, and friction points.
- Always check the ends of cables and female jacks to ensure that they are clean, free of debris and that all the metal pins are straight and not crossed.
- Always make sure that cables are not visible to inquisitive customers. Insure that cable paths are concealed enough so that service personnel will not trip or accidentally disconnect equipment.
- Always ensure that there is enough slack in the cable to eliminate strain or stretching during routine maintenance of equipment.
- Always make sure that the male to female RJ45 connections are snug and secure. Connections should never be loose or easy to remove. Connectors should always “snap” into place ensuring a solid connection.
At times the cable may encounter liquid. Installing cables with loops or sags will divert the liquid away from the electrical equipment.
- Avoid kinking the network cable by using a “looping” technique to handle excessive cable length.
- Cables that become frayed, stretched or sliced should be replaced immediately.
- Label the cables at the X-Changer Cabinet end with Line 0, 1, 2, 3, & 4 as detailed in the cable diagram. Also label the cables with A or B, indicating which side of the loop that line is from.
If you have requested the CCI startup service, the following will be completed by the CCI technician.