Cellular Modem/Router (CMR)
Includes antennas/SIM card
CCI Cellular service for FasCard requires a C-1495 Cellular Modem/Router (CMR) (shown above). This item ships pre-configured and provisioned with a cellular SIM card.
Updating Existing Hardware
Satellite Access Point (SAP)
FasCard wireless router
Existing customers using the standard C-1491 Satellite Access Point will need to exchange their existing hardware for hardware running the most recent updates. These updates cannot be applied in the field and the existing hardware must be returned to CCI. CCI is offering an advanced exchange program for $699 (plus shipping). Upon receiving the original unit back, the full amount (minus shipping) will be credited back.
Equipment Ordering Process
Customers requiring new or exchanged hardware may contact Technical Support using the Support Request Form. Technical Support will make every effort to respond to all non-emergency support requests within 24 hours (Monday through Friday). Please note a preferred method of contact (phone or email) within the body of the message to ensure prompt service.
Service Modes and Plans
CCI Cellular Service is intended for FasCard products only. Connecting any non-sanctioned device will result in suspension of service.
CCI Cellular service for FasCard operates in two service modes across four plans, detailed below. Each plan is unique to the FasCard Location, not the FasCard Account - e.g. a store owner with two locations associated with their FasCard account will need a CCI Cellular service plan and requisite hardware for each location. Each service plan and cellular modem/router provides internet service for a single FasCard Satellite (C-1491) - additional satellite connections to an individual cellular modem/router will cost $12.00 per month on a per-location basis.
Internet Backup Service Mode
This service mode is intended for customers that are already using an existing internet service provider and wish to add backup capability for maximum uptime protection for the FasCard system. In the event of a primary internet outage, the CCI Cellular service will become active and provide continued internet connectivity for the FasCard system.
Backup Plan Details
- Cost: $15.00 per month.
- Usage: Up to 48 hours of service per month may be used. The service activates automatically when an outage of the primary internet connection is detected.
- Customers exceeding this limit will be billed according to the rate for Plan C (detailed below) for months in which the service limit is exceeded.
Primary Internet Service Mode
This service mode is intended for customers that do not currently have an existing internet service provider and wish to use CCI Cellular Internet service in place of conventional high-speed internet access.
Primary Plan A Details
- Cost: $20.00 per month.
- Usage: This plan provides primary internet service for FasCard systems utilizing between 1 and 25 FasCard readers.
Primary Plan B Details
- Cost: $30.00 per month.
- Usage: This plan provides primary internet service for FasCard systems utilizing between 26 and 50 FasCard readers.
Primary Plan C Details
- Cost: $40.00 per month.
- Usage: This plan provides primary internet service for FasCard systems utilizing 50+ FasCard readers.
- Customers utilizing the Backup Plan (described above) that exceed their service limit will be billed according to the rate for this plan.