Average Installation Time
On This Page
ERROR: Equipment ID 3418 does not exist.
This document assumes the installer has working knowledge of hand tools and of the target machine in question. Physical modification of machine may be required, including modification of machine panels and internal modification to accommodate cables or harnesses. It is recommended that the instructions contained herein be performed by individuals who are qualified to perform these tasks. Card Concepts Inc. takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this document or for any damage that may occur to target machine.
One of the following readers.
LC WiFi Reader
LC WiFi Reader
F2 FasCard Reader
F2 FasCard Reader
High Front/Top Mount
Recommended Tools and Supplies (Not Included)
See 3418 F2 Reader Install Guide for more information.
- Page not found for multiexcerpt macro.
Install Mounting Hardware
Remove the (4) security torx retaining screws on the front of the machine.
Remove the soap tray by pulling it out and pressing on the retaining tab in the rear of the tray.
- Locate and remove the (2) security torx screws inside the soap tray opening.
- Remove the final (2) torx screws to open the top cover.
- Locate a spot on top of the machine to mount the reader. Verify included harnesses will reach desired location without encountering interference from internal machine components. Mark the location using C-6700-TEMP Drill Template.
- Refer to F2 Reader Mounting Guide for instructions on drilling mounting holes and mounting the reader.
Locate the incoming power cables in the rear of the machine. This should include a white, black and green wire.
- Use the C-5101 Spade Taps to tap the black (L1) and white (Neutral) wires.
- Attach the spade ends of the C-5336 Power Adapter Harness to the taps. Blue to black, and Brown to White.
- Attach the Green ground wire from the C-5336 Power Adapter Harness to a nearby chassis ground screw.
- Connect the 3-pin connector from the C-5336 Power Adapter Harness to the 3-pin connector on the C-5602R1 Power Converter.
- Connect the 4-pin connector from the C-5602R1 Power Converter to the 4-pin connector on the C-5500 Power Extension Harness.
- Mount the C-5602R1 Power Converter in the machine by using zip ties to secure it to the machine's wire harness.
Connect Coin Sense Harness
Connect Machine Interface Harness
- Connect the C-0128-MLV Machine Start Harness to the AA3 connector on the Machine Control Assembly.
Connect and Mount Reader
|1||Power Connection Port||Utilizes the same power harnesses as the first generation FasCard reader.|
|2||Pulse Connection Port||Connection point for pulse machine start harnesses.|
|3||Coin 1 Connection Port||This is the connection point for the harness input associated with Coin 1.|
|4||Coin 2 Connection Port||This is the connection point for the harness input associated with Coin 2.|
|5||Serial Connection Port||This is the connection point for serial machine start harnesses.|
- Feed remaining harness ends through the mounting hole as described in the F2 Reader Mounting Guide.
- Connect the free end of the C-0128-MLV Machine Start Harness to port 5 (Serial Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect the free end of the C-5500 Power Harness to port 1.
- Secure the FasCard reader to base as described in the F2 Reader Mounting Guide.
FasCard Admin Site Configuration
Use the following settings depending on the Machine Start Harness used.
- Equipment Type: SingleVend (MLV+)
- Pulse Length: 24