Average Installation Time
On This Page
TEST F2 Reader Installation Guides
This document assumes the installer has working knowledge of hand tools and of the target machine in question. Physical modification of machine may be required, including modification of machine panels and internal modification to accommodate cables or harnesses. It is recommended that the instructions contained herein be performed by individuals who are qualified to perform these tasks. Card Concepts Inc. takes no responsibility for the accuracy of this document or for any damage that may occur to target machine.
One of the following readers.
LC WiFi Reader
LC WiFi Reader
F2 FasCard Reader
F2 FasCard Reader
High Front/Top Mount
Recommended Tools and Supplies (Not Included)
See 0863 F2 Reader Install Guide for more information.
- Page not found for multiexcerpt macro.
Install Mounting Hardware
Coin and Card
Place the C-6700-TEMP Drill Template on the desired mounting location.
Verify included harnesses will reach desired location without encountering interference from internal machine components.
Refer to FasCard Mounting Guide for further instructions.
- Install the C-0961 Jam Ring into the coin vault. The Jam Ring should be installed into the coin vault so that it is within 1.5" of front panel of the machine to allow the mounting bracket to be attached.
- To install the Jam Ring insert the ring so the small portion is on the bottom. Insert at an angle, so the top of the Jam Ring is inserted first. Once the ring is in position, pull the top of the Jam Ring towards the front of the machine until it locks into place.
- Using the C-5751 Screws, attach the C-6960 Mounting Bracket to the C-0961 Jam Ring.
- Tap power as described in the Fascard Reader Install - Universal Concepts document using the C-5101 Spade Taps provided.
- Connect the C-5210 Power Adapter Harness to the installed spade taps. Connect the opposite end to the C-5602 Power Converter.
- Connect the C-5500 Power Extension Harness to the appropriate connector on the C-5602 Power Converter. The remaining cable end connects to the FasCard reader.
Connect Coin Sense Harness
Coin Drop: Factory
- Disconnect the Coin Drop from the Machine Control Assembly.
- Connect the C-6253 Coin Sense Harness to the Micro Switch on the Coin Drop.
Connect Machine Interface Harness
- Connect the C-5256 Machine Start Harness to the Coin Harness previously connected to the Micro Switch on the coin drop.
Connect and Mount Reader
|1||Power Connection Port||Utilizes the same power harnesses as the first generation FasCard reader.|
|2||Pulse Connection Port||Connection point for pulse machine start harnesses.|
|3||Coin 1 Connection Port||This is the connection point for the harness input associated with Coin 1.|
|4||Coin 2 Connection Port||This is the connection point for the harness input associated with Coin 2.|
|5||Serial Connection Port||This is the connection point for serial machine start harnesses.|
- Feed remaining harness ends through the mounting hole as described in the F1: FasCard Reader Mounting Guide.
- Connect the free end of the C-5256 Machine Start Harness to port 2 (Pulse Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect the free end of the C-6253 Coin Sense Harness to port 3 (Coin Sense Harness Connection Port) as shown in the image above.
- Connect the free end of the C-5500-60 Power Harness to port 1.
- Secure the FasCard reader to base as described in the FasCard Mounting Guide.
FasCard Admin Site Configuration
Use the following settings depending on the Machine Start Harness used.
- Equipment Type: SingleVend
- Pulse Length: 500