Applies To: LaundryCard, Control Head, Software
A red-line error with occur when the system detects a v2 Control Head power supply has failed, or otherwise is not connected.
The v2 Control Head is installed and the system is detecting a power supply failure.
- Check to make sure it is a v2 Control Head
- If not, see other "Solution"
- Check to make sure the power supply connections are seated properly
- Replace power supply
This does not apply to distribution boards or a v1 control head. If this is not a v2 control head see the symptom titled "Not a v2 control head".
The v2 Control Head is installed but did not install the additional C-0526-CABLE.
If opting not to use the C-0526-CABLE, see the Procedures section below on how to clear the error manually.
- Install the C-0526-CABLE. The two bare pins of the C-0526-CABLE connect into the two open positions (any order) farthest from the existing wires.
The system detected something that it believed to be a change in the power signal even though the v1 control hardware doesn't support this. We're currently not sure what causes this. See AJs comment for more info.
- See Manually clear red-line error in the Procedures section below.
- Open Laundry App Utility and open "XchDiagHmi"
- Open ProbeX from the Diagnostic menu
- Double click in the empty Variable space
- In the window that shows up, Search for bPowerFbk (or expand XCHDATA > ControlHead > bPowerFbk).
- Double click the variable:
- It should populate in the main table list. Change the Value of XCHDATA ControlHead.bPOwerFbk to 0.
- Then click "Send Data" to save the variable.
- Restart the Laundry application to finialize the value change.